The Double O model came about because I was trying to play the ending licks on Santo and Johnny’s version of Tenderly and I ran out of fingerboard. I can play a note or two off the fingerboard, but it’s an adventure. So I thought, “Wouldn’t it be handy to have a full two octave fingerboard to work with”, and here it is.
To get enough room for the extended fingerboard, we had to move the sound hole back towards the bridge and make it smaller, so we went for the classic “petite bouche” oval sound hole like on Django Reinhardt’s guitar and then we added a couple of F holes just to be sure we were getting the sound out.
I’m really happy with the way it came out and now I’m playing Tenderly like a champ. 24 frets is a beautiful thing.
- AA Solid African Ribbon Mahogany top
- Laminated Ribbon Mahogany back, sides and neck
- Fishman Sonicore pickup with Presys preamp system
- On board tuner and notch filter for feedback control
- Rope binding on body and fingerboard
- Rosewood fingerboard with pearl diamond position markers
- Bound headstock with Rosewood veneer and inlaid pearl logo
- Gold and Ebony “violin” tuners
- Rosewood mustache bridge
- Custom fit extra deep hard shell case included